12 replies to this topic

#1 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

I've upgraded to the 2.5 beta 2 today, and tried using the Log Analyzer.
The log files reside on a local directory, let's say /mnt/vol/slow.log

When trying to run the analyzer i get the following:

Error in opening the slow query log '\/mnt\/vol\/slow.log': please check the log settings for this server and verify whether server is responding

Log:
[2.5 Beta 2] [2008-06-24 12:33:51] ./lib/webyog/src/ysftp.cpp(151) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:Could not open file '/mnt/vol/machine_name.pid': sftp server : No such file
[2.5 Beta 2] [2008-06-24 12:33:51] ./MONyog/populatesystem.cpp(178) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:GetMysqlPid

Perhaps those two are somehow related? Maybe it can't find the pid file (it's there) due to the same reason as it can't find the slow.log file.

Everything else works as before.

--
Shlomo

#2 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

1) plase checked that you have checked the 'local file' option/radiobutton. I could think you you have SFTP option checked and entering path to a local file?

2) no clue from here rihgt now!

2.5 ships with new SFTP code, so probably *somehow related*. Was 2.0x was able to find the .pid file wihtout problems (for system counters) ?
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#3 Supratik

Supratik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

Can you please give us a few details of your configurations .

1) Have you tested the log file path ? did you get any "Log file path invalid" message ?
2) Are you using direct connection or via SFTP ?

Regards

Supratik

#4 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

1) plase checked that you have checked the 'local file' option/radiobutton. I could think you you have SFTP option checked and entering path to a local file?

2) no clue from here rihgt now!

2.5 ships with new SFTP code, so probably *somehow related*. Was 2.0x was able to find the .pid file wihtout problems (for system counters) ?

1) I checked that specifically in the configuration... And it also gets the properties correctly from the database, just it's my guess it's trying to use sftp to access it... don't know for sure.

#5 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hi,

Can you please give us a few details of your configurations .

1) Have you tested the log file path ? did you get any "Log file path invalid" message ?
2) Are you using direct connection or via SFTP ?

Regards

Supratik

1) Yes, the path is correct, and is validated when using the validation in the server configuration page
2) I am most certainly using direct connection, don't have SFTP configured at all.

#6 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

ok ...

1)
now first .. I think Supratik meant if you were using SSH connection to MySQL. But I understand that you don't. You are testing this Monyog build on a Linux machine and you are connecting to a MySQL server running on the same machine. Please confirm!

2)
Please attach screenshots of the 4 registration/configuration settings for this server (hide what *text* details you think appropriate)
* MySQL server details
* SSH server details
* Log analyzer settings
* Sniffer options (for completeness only!)
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#7 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

ok ...

1)
now first .. I think Supratik meant if you were using SSH connection to MySQL. But I understand that you don't. You are testing this Monyog build on a Linux machine and you are connecting to a MySQL server running on the same machine. Please confirm!

2)
Please attach screenshots of the 4 registration/configuration settings for this server (hide what *text* details you think appropriate)
* MySQL server details
* SSH server details
* Log analyzer settings
* Sniffer options (for completeness only!)

1) The MySQL server is running on another machine and MONyog on another, but the log file is accessible from both the machines as an NFS mount (so it's a "local path" configuration). Both machines have access to the file, under the same path. I am using an SSH connection for the system properties, naturally.

2) Attached. Hope I didn't remove useful information.

Attached Files

#8 Manoj

Manoj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hi,

Are you running MONyog in a Windows OS? if yes, make sure the service is running with admin privileges, by default it is "Local system".
Manoj
Webyog

#9 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hi,

Are you running MONyog in a Windows OS? if yes, make sure the service is running with admin privilages, by default it is "Local system".

Negative. This is an Ubuntu Server 7.10 64bit.

#10 Sabyasachi Ruj

Sabyasachi Ruj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Negative. This is an Ubuntu Server 7.10 64bit.

Can the same (which is being used to run MONyog) Ubuntu user access the log file?
Does the user account have super user privileges which is being used to run MONyog?
Can you try starting MONyog in 'root' user?
What is the size of the log file that MONyog can not access?
Sabyasachi Ruj
Webyog.

#11 Shlomo Priymak

Shlomo Priymak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

1. Can the same (which is being used to run MONyog) Ubuntu user access the log file?
2. Does the user account have super user privileges which is being used to run MONyog?
3. Can you try starting MONyog in 'root' user?
4. What is the size of the log file that MONyog can not access?

1. Yes
2. MONyog is not run using super user privileges.
3. Will do, but I do not intend to do so regularly.
4. About 2-3 GBs. I usually look at it using tail.

What could I check futher to assist you? It seems it should just work. Maybe it is somehow related to the fact it tries to access the wrong path, such as given in the error - "'\/mnt\/vol\/slow.log'"? Or are those back-slashes only a display issue?

Shlomo

#12 Sabyasachi Ruj

Sabyasachi Ruj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

3. Will do, but I do not intend to do so regularly.

Yes. This is just to test, if it works like that.

4. About 2-3 GBs. I usually look at it using tail.

What could I check futher to assist you? It seems it should just work. Maybe it is somehow related to the fact it tries to access the wrong path, such as given in the error - "'\/mnt\/vol\/slow.log'"? Or are those back-slashes only a display issue?
Shlomo

We are trying to reproduce this at our end. We'll get back to you.
Sabyasachi Ruj
Webyog.

#13 Rohit

Rohit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

MONyog RC fixes this issue
Webyog

0 user(s) are reading this topic