• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jack111

jack111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

I would like to be able to select multiple rows in the tables at one. I have quiet a few tables which have thousands of rows and if I were to use the tick boxes to select them one at a time it would take ages.
I have raised this issue before one year ago, please follow the link below. For this reason I loved mysqlcc . It allowed you to select as many rows as you wanted.
http://www.webyog.co...h...530&hl=tick

Now please will you incooperate a feature which allows users to select multiple rows in tables just like in mysqlcc.

sqlyog otherwise has been fantastic. keep the good work up.

#2 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

We plan to add this to the GRIDs:

* add select all/deselect all functionality
* add 'SHIFT+click modifiers' (like in the gmail webinterface)
* add an option to select a row without using the mouse (SPACEBAR has been proposed for that. Idea is that it should be possible to scroll through a table or a resultset with arrow keys and select rows without using the mouse.

We have a few issues and enhancements with the Query Builder and the Schema Designer that will be handled first (and I guess that will take 3-4 weeks) - and the above issues are next task assigned for this particular developer.
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#3 jack111

jack111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

Fantastic.
Thank you very much

#4 jack111

jack111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

We plan to add this to the GRIDs:

* add select all/deselect all functionality
* add 'SHIFT+click modifiers' (like in the gmail webinterface)
* add an option to select a row without using the mouse (SPACEBAR has been proposed for that. Idea is that it should be possible to scroll through a table or a resultset with arrow keys and select rows without using the mouse.

We have a few issues and enhancements with the Query Builder and the Schema Designer that will be handled first (and I guess that will take 3-4 weeks) - and the above issues are next task assigned for this particular developer.

I wonder what is happening to adding the above functionality. Been close to 4 months now.

#5 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:13 PM

We work hard to release next beta release on Friday (that won't have this).

There are lots of requests .. we would like to honour them all!
I hope to be more specific by next week.

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#6 bitseeker

bitseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

We work hard to release next beta release on Friday (that won't have this).

There are lots of requests .. we would like to honour them all!
I hope to be more specific by next week.

Now with ver. 9.62 and 4 years later - is there the ability to select all rows in a result grid?

greets

#7 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes .. click the first row and SHIFT+click the last row. SHIFT+click works exactly like in gmail for instance all over the program.

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#8 bitseeker

bitseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

thanks peter, i was aware of that. But i guess it would be more convenient to have a checkbox on top left (see image) or using keyboard shortcut like Ctrl-A instead of scrolling.

Attached File  sqlyog-select-all.PNG   27.74KB   5 downloads

#9 Jan.S

Jan.S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

But i guess it would be more convenient to have a checkbox on top left

This will be available in the next public release (v 10.0).

Also, you will be able to select individual rows using Ctrl + Spacebar.

Regards,
Janani

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users